Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
And what is the WAN bandwidth?

it has two 1 GE wan ports

@sandeep4 wrote:

it has two 1 GE wan ports

This is not the answer to the question. 

What is the WAN link bandwidth?  10 Mbps?  100 Mbps?  200 Mbps?  1 Gbps?

I apologize. ISR 1100 has wan bandwidth is 1GBPS 

thanks.

@sandeep4 wrote:

ISR 1100 has wan bandwidth is 1GBPS  

Are you saying your company's WAN link is 1 Gbps?

no, ISR 1100 will support 20 IPSEC tunnels or not. how many IPSEC tunnels it will support. it has two wan ports with 1GB  bandwidth each.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What I believe Leo is trying to ascertain, is how much bandwidth do you expect to pass through the VPN tunnels. 20 IPSec tunnels, shouldn't be an issue, the aggregate bandwidth they use may be.

BTW, although the 1100 has gig interfaces, it doesn't provide gig throughput.

thanks, Joseph. I got it

In ISR 1100 the IPSEC maximum throughput is 50mbps.with performance license the IPSEC throughput is 250mbps.

I came across this post and have a similar question. Currently we have vedge 100m's in the environment and they support a maximum of 250 IPSec tunnels. What is the maximum number of IPSec tunnels the ISR 1100 can support? If it is license based do you happen to know those details or can you point me to a document stating that information? 

Thanks

--Brian

Same question as above: What is the WAN bandwidth?

So...to answer your question, it would vary...some sites will have a 10mb MPLS connection (so 10m symmetrical), and others will have broadband that is in the neighborhood of ~25Mb up / 100Mb down.....and then there would be some with both....but more interesting to me is the relationship between the two (BW & # of tunnels). Is there some calculation using BW to figure out number of supported tunnels? Or is it a license thing?

Just looking to be more educated.....thank you.

--Brian

So...to answer your question, it would vary...some sites will have a 10mb MPLS connection (so 10m symmetrical), and others will have broadband that is in the neighborhood of ~25Mb up / 100Mb down.....and then there would be some with both....but more interesting to me is the relationship between the two (BW & # of tunnels). Is there some calculation using BW to figure out number of supported tunnels? Or is it a license thing?

Just looking to be more educated.....thank you.

--Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card