Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

isr 4300 how to put up the giga 0/0/1 without cable connected

Hi and thanks for support,

in the hold router I knew the command to bringing the fastethernet state up , for example no autostate or not keeplive or keeplive (don't remember).

Which is the commands use in ISR router for put up the Giga without cable connected ?

thanks a lot

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Roberto,

the old ethernet and some fast ethernet interfaces could be put up/up with

int fa0/0

no keepalive

!

even if no cable was connected to them

I don't think modern GE ports can support this trick. I used it 16 years ago or even more.

If you need a logical interface to be used for testing IP connectivity you can use a loopback interface.

Cisco routers support multiple loopback interfaces and they support also subnet masks not only /32.

This is the common way of performing tests now.

the loopback command  in a physical interface should be supported on serial, ATM and POS interfaces for troubleshooting purposes.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

it used to be 'loopback' interface configuration mode, not sure if that command is valid on the 4331...

4331#conf t

4331(config)#interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1

4331(config-if)#loopback ?

thanks , I tried but status and protocol down down

no keepalive

Hello Roberto,

the old ethernet and some fast ethernet interfaces could be put up/up with

int fa0/0

no keepalive

!

even if no cable was connected to them

I don't think modern GE ports can support this trick. I used it 16 years ago or even more.

If you need a logical interface to be used for testing IP connectivity you can use a loopback interface.

Cisco routers support multiple loopback interfaces and they support also subnet masks not only /32.

This is the common way of performing tests now.

the loopback command  in a physical interface should be supported on serial, ATM and POS interfaces for troubleshooting purposes.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

thanks a lot Giuseppe,
yes it's a best way for testing. I liked that command for not change the configuration and then come back after test again.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card