Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR C1117-4PLTE to bridge mode

MarcelSmal
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone tried bridging a ISR C1117-4PLTE to bridge the LTE port to the GI0/0/0 ports?

I cant seem to follow these commands to get it working as I dont have the options displayed in this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/integrated-routing-bridging-irb/200650-Understanding-Bridge-Virtual-Interface.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately I do not have any experience in configuring that model of router and so do not have a working config. And I am finding it surprising difficult to find a document that discusses exactly what you want to do or any examples of that type of configuration. Based on my experience I would expect this would be the essential part of what you need:

- configure interface bdi <pick_a_number>

- ip address a.b.c.d

- on the physical interfaces that you want to bridge 

service instance <pick_a_number>

And that might be the challenge. Is service instance supported on cell0/2/0?

Do you have the ability to open a service call with Cisco support? If so that might be the way to get a more authoritative answer.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suspect that the issue is that your router accomplishes the bridging function differently. The link that you reference use interface BVI. I suspect that your router would use inteface BDI. Perhaps this link might have helpful information

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/asrswcfg/bdi.html

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your reply. The link did help me in creating a BDI interface but how would I link for example Gi0/0/0 to Cellular0/2/0 with the BDI interface where my LTE simcard has been inserted for WAN Access?

Have you got a working configuration of a bridge for this type of Router? I would love to compare my config and see if I am on the right track.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience in configuring that model of router and so do not have a working config. And I am finding it surprising difficult to find a document that discusses exactly what you want to do or any examples of that type of configuration. Based on my experience I would expect this would be the essential part of what you need:

- configure interface bdi <pick_a_number>

- ip address a.b.c.d

- on the physical interfaces that you want to bridge 

service instance <pick_a_number>

And that might be the challenge. Is service instance supported on cell0/2/0?

Do you have the ability to open a service call with Cisco support? If so that might be the way to get a more authoritative answer.

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

I can configure the BDI interface assign a IP address but the sevice instance command is not available on the Cell0/2/0 interface that I want to bridge. So this is then not possible I presume.

I also tried the documentation and could not find any information on this what we want to do. I will have to check with our company to see if we can open a cisco support case.

Thank you for your reply Richard.

Marcel

Marcel

It will be interesting if you are able to open a support case. I am guessing that what you want to do will not work on this platform. Sorry about this situation. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card