Helpful
Replies

ISR Router for two Internet Links 100Mb

Marcio Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hi, 

I need the model ISR router for use with two 100MB internet links with load balancing and failover, 

at first I'm thinking about the 1900 series, and would use the SCAN SAFE (CWS) to filter web content, 

This equipment would support two links 100mb each? Which model would be suitable for this?

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Dual 100 Mbps on a 1900?  You might want to review the attachment.

Hi

i have Considered the last graphic "WAN Circuit Speed ​​(Mbps)" is correct? 

In the document, the Cisco 1900 have the capacity for 15Mbps, but i need use two ISPs with 100Mbps each one .. then i use the 3945, 3925E for this case? 

Traffic will only output, using internet access ..

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

WAN bandwidth means the router can handle that link running full duplex.

If your 100 Mbps is asymetrical (e.g. ADSL or cable modems) or there's a logical bandwidth cap, you can size for that (although don't forget to allow for bandwidth upgrades, if you plan any within a couple of years).

Also, the Cisco recommendations are conservative and assume the link running flat out.  Often you can size smaller, i.e. for your usual bandwidth consumption and a little more.

If you have two ISPs, then better of using two 3945s. You might want to consider running fibre to the ISP.

It's about scalability and using the both of the link for either redundancy or load-balancing.

thx,

dsu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card