Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4400 ROMMON

So I don't know if its just me but I can't seem to get to ROMMON on my 4400 Series ISR 4451. I have literally tried everything cycling power

ctr+break, power cycle ctrl+shift+6,

power cycle baud rate 1200 and space bar for 10-15 sec. I'm not sure if I am missing my window or what but I can't seem to get to it. Wish it was simple as the Catalyst switches that come with a mode button. Any suggestions of things to try would be nice if any

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Couldn't get to the boot log due to the console cable being locked down. But I was able to finally get it by going to edit on securecrt and sending the break versus trying to use the keyboard thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sure what terminal client you using : (try break keys)  baud default 9600

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/troubleshooting/guide/isr4400trbl/isr4400trbl02.html

Can you also post complete boot logs, may be it disabled password recovery - we dont know.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm using SecureCRT and I can't even get to boot logs console wise it's locked down which is why I am trying to get to ROMMON mode to do a password recovery. It set racked for years and no one remembers the password or username to get into it.

Connect the console cable right port ( check the port mentioned as console)

image.png

Console Port Handling Overview

If you are using the console port to access the router, you are automatically directed to the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI).

If you are trying to access the router through the console port and send a break signal

(by entering Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Shift-6, or by entering the send break

command at the Telnet prompt) before connecting to the CLI, you are directed to a diagnostic mode if the non-RPIOS subpackages are accessible. These settings can be changed by configuring a transport map for the console port and applying that transport map to the console interface.

BB

Yes the settings for the serial connection are as depicted. As I stated I have used all these methods and it still loads as normal and prompts me for a username and password which I obviously don't have.

Good you followed all, but you missed this was asked before :

Can you also post complete boot logs, may be it disabled password recovery - we dont know.

BB

Couldn't get to the boot log due to the console cable being locked down. But I was able to finally get it by going to edit on securecrt and sending the break versus trying to use the keyboard thanks!

But I was able to finally get it by going to edit on securecrt and sending the break versus trying to use the keyboard thanks!

is this means you able to break key get in to change the password ?

BB

Glad to know you able to make it work, we make now as resolved now.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card