Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4431/K9 upgrade issue

HI Expert,

We plan to do image upgrade on ISR4431/K9 from version 16.3.4 to 16.9.3. Is there any precautions ? I also have another problem that is the Front Panel 4 ports Gigabitethernet Module named ISR4431-X-4x1GE how to work If ISR4K ESP not work or down?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Rps-Cheers wrote:

We plan to do image upgrade on ISR4431/K9 from version 16.3.4 to 16.9.3. Is there any precautions

Has anyone read the Release Notes of 16.9.3? 

Is this router going to do any NAT?  If it is, has anyone checked out CSCvo36188?

Hello Leo,

thanks for your advice

the bug description says CG-NAT that should be Carrier Grade NAT and not simple NAT.

However, the bug says that it is enough to clear nat entries to cause a router crash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The list of affected platforms include multi layer switches like C3850 that does not support NAT at all.

I agree that if the router is configured for NAT it would be better to think carefully before upgrading to this image.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe.
I don't understand why a "re-build" of 16.9.3 hasn't been released with a fix of the bug.

Hello Leo,

I don't know if it is fresh information, in the bug page in the list of fixed in releases reports a 16.9.(3.59) that looks like a patch for 16.9.3

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Not sure about that. Ever since Cisco has released 3.X.X and 16.X.X the meaning of the versions in "Known Affected Versions" and "Fixed Versions" can mean anything. "16.9(3.59)" could mean a patch. It could also mean it is an internal (beta/open beta) version. I have come across several bugs that have, for example, 3.6.9 mentioned several times in the "Known Affected Versions" &/or "Fixed versions".
Cisco Bug IDs are becoming unreliable nowadays that I simply don't have confidence in them anymore.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card