Anyone can share me the procedure for ISSU ( In Service Software Upgrade ) upgrade. I have a cisco 6500 switch running with Sup720-3B ( Redundant : Active & Standby ) and need to test the ISSU on that.
Please share me the procedure in details.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Regds,
Here it is.
(1)Lets assume "v1" be the present image on both Act and Stby with sso mode, and "v2" be the image to be upgraded or downgraded to, during ISSU cycle
* copy v2 to active and stby disk (while copying make sure both v1 and v2 be in the same disk. see limitation section below)
* Make sure the Boot-variable is pointing to the current image i.e, "v1" (ISSU process won't start if this is not the case)
* execute "issu loadversion
* wait till the stby reloads with v2 and come to HOT
* execute "issu runversion
* wait for the switchover to complete (i.e, NewAct running v2 and NewStby running v1 and attained HOT)
* execute "issu acceptversion
" (Optional step: to stop the rollback timer)
* execute "issu commitversion
* wait for the stby to come to HOT with v2
* With this one ISSU cycle is complete, and we have moved from system running image v1 to v2
(1) There's no support for images on separate filesystems as of now. There are platforms where the boot variable can't be
configured on different filesystems, and hence the approach to always have it on the same filesystem