Views
Helpful
Replies

iWAN Design

de1denta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advise regarding an iWAN design to replace an MPLS network.

Our client currently has 2 data centres each with dual MPLS links and dual CE routers. All branch offices (50 sites) also have dual MPLS links and CE routers.

We are proposing to install 1 x 4451 ISR in each data centre to act as the iWAN hubs to service the 50 sites. Each hub will have a single 100Mbps internet connection.

The branch offices will have dual internet connections, primary internet connection will be a DIA ~ 20Mbps and the secondary internet connection will be DSL. A Cisco ISR 4321 will service the primary connection and a smaller 892F router will service the secondary connection.

My main question is:

Is a single hub and internet connection in each data centre adequate? My thinking is that in the event of a internet outage or hub failure at DC1, DC2 will be available to services the branches. Inter DC traffic will be handled by a point to point link. Is there a need for dual hubs/internet connections in each DC? Will this limit PFR at all?

Many thanks

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card