Views
Helpful
Replies

IWAN Pfr configuration EIGRP SAF neighbor discovery

hazund
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

Im trying to implement IWAN single branch router deployment in a testing environment. I have two WAN links to my branch router (cisco 819 ) which is a cellular network (4G) and MESH (using firetide devices). Both links are terminating in the cisco 819 router (Branch). At the HUB site I have two CSR1000v routers and ISR4k router as the Master Controller. 

Up to now I have configured all the DMVPN tunnels and two HUBs and MC has the connectivity to  the branch router FROM both WAN links. Internally im running EIGRP seperatly (VRF). 

Now Im configuring Pfr and all the configurations are fine. Master controller contains the Qos policies under the domain 'IWAN' and all the other routers are configured under that Pfr domain. 

When troubleshooting MC has identified its exits interfaces tunnels successfully as well as the HUB routers. HUB routers has learnt the routes to the branch from EIGRP and I can ping the loopback of the branch which is I have configured for Pfr from both HUBs and MC. But branch does not contain the exit interface for the smart probes. 

I have checked EIGRP service-family peers / neighbors of the branch it only contains its loopback. 

saf_neigbours.jpg

Does anyone have and idea why branch router cannot get the initiated the smart probes?

Thanks

Hasun

3 Replies 3

Hello,

it might be a case, that Hub BRs are not sending smart-probes or branch BRs do not process them.

Please provide tunnel configuration + "show ip route" +"show domain ... border status" +"show domain ... border channel" from Hub BRs and branch BRs.

Please provide "show domain ... master discover" from Hub MC, "show domain ... master status" from branch MC.

Hello.

Looks strange, as Hub BR created no channels.

Could you please provide from the branch and both Hub BRs:

• "show ver"
  • "show adj <Tunnel> encap" (for each tunnel)
  • "show domain ... border tech"

"show domain ... master tech" from Hub MC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card