Helpful
Replies

IWAN / PFR on ISR 1000 , C1111-4P vs C1111-8P

erkel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Short version

1111-4P or 1111-8P Do they have the same or different CPU's?

Long version

Currently running 4 ISR 2911 G2 routers, 2 at each site that I present approx 40 links too, which are a massive VPN mesh that I run for a mission critical site that has connectivity issues due to foreign government firewalling.

The PFR border router at the hub site, initiates the PFR probes, this overloads its CPU, so I have to restrict the number of tunnels that are up to 8-12, to keep the CPU at about 60% continuously.

I was looking at moving the new ISR 1000 series 1111-4P or 1111-8P and simply swap one in to act as the hub site border router that would initiate the PFR probes, with the idea that it is a lot newer, so it would have a better CPU and not be overload by the probe process, so I could bring up all 40 tunnels.

Which brings up the question of which one has the better CPU, 1111-4P or 1111-8P or are they the potentially the same.

Traffic throughput is not much of a concern,  Currently on about 5Mb/s. Long term maybe growing to 10-20Mb/s

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card