Views
Helpful
Replies

Iwan shopping list

philip moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

The company where I work are interested in Iwan.

I am looking for recommendations on hardware selection, particularly for master and transit master controller. I don't find anything in cvd or wiki.

I guess ultimately what I need is an Iwan shopping list.

branch are isrg2 all with sec lic. I guess I have to buy APP lic.

The hub are asr1006.

there is interest in prime Iwan so I need licenses there.

the MC is somewhat a mystery.

i guess answer is, as normal , it depends.

there will be 10 branches with dual router to begin. Sizing up to maybe 50, 100, 150 over 3 years then who knows.

Any pointers of other use case to follow would be appreciated 

cheers!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If sounds like you are talking about Pft (Performance Routing) rather than iWAN directly.  You don't have to deploy Pfr to use iWAN.  You can use pretty much any Cisco router for a Pfr master.  The ASR1006 is a bit of a beast (especially for a company with 10 branches) - so you can use that for Pfr.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If sounds like you are talking about Pft (Performance Routing) rather than iWAN directly.  You don't have to deploy Pfr to use iWAN.  You can use pretty much any Cisco router for a Pfr master.  The ASR1006 is a bit of a beast (especially for a company with 10 branches) - so you can use that for Pfr.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card