cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keeps returning "Request Timeout"

PandaTV
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm creating a project which will have 3 servers, 3 routers, 21 pc and will be divided into 3 networks. Each servers will have different jobs to do. One will be holding the DNS, the other will hold HTTP, and last will be SMTP/POP3. I've done setting up their address including the 21 pcs and their respective network addresses. Whenever I ping network 1 to the DNS and other servers, it returns without any problem, but the network 2 and 3 keeps return "Request Timeout". I've done the same procedure as I had done in network 1, the network 2 and 3 keeps return request timeout. I've also set the email for each pc, only the network 1 has successfully done the job of sending and receiving the emails. Here's the pkt file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have made some changes which still meet the requirement but get you connectivity between everything. Review the attached and revised project file. I have added serial links between the routers, and also a routing protocol (EIGRP).

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

The ZIP file contains a PNG file. No Packet Tracer file is in there...can you repost ?

Okay my bad. Here's the correct file.

Hello,

I can ping from Network 2 and Network 3 to all servers. From which IP to which IP can you not ping ?

Really? I can't ping from the ip starting from 192.168.3.2 to 192.168.1.2(DNS), 192.168.1.3(HTTP) and 192.168.1.4(SMTP). Can you like view the website from network 2 and 3 ? Cuz here in my state, I cannot view the sample website from network 2 and 3, only network 1.

Hello,

from 192.168.3.2 I can ping 192.168.1.2/3/4.

Which URL are you trying to reach from e.g. 192.168.3.2 ?

There's only 1, I set it into www.hello.com. Whenever I try to access it in network 1, it's fine. But whenever I try to access it from other networks, it just doesn't show any result. Just "Host Unresolved"

Lastly, I'm just gonna ask. Is my network setup okay ?

Hello,

from 192.168.3.2 I get a Packet Tracer Welcome Page...not sure why you are not getting it..

You have no connectivity between the hosts on the networks. What is your goal ? Right now you have three separate networks that cannot communicate with each other, only with the servers...

I see. My goal is to send emails from any network. Maybe there's problem with the computer Im using. I've set my email already for every computer. I dont know if I can send email from Network 1 PCs to other Networks. 

Hello,

I would eliminate two routers and just use one to connect all networks (each network to a different interface). That way you have connectivity between all networks...

It's part of the requirement that was given. Like this will come out to our test, and I have no idea. Our professor only gave us the basics of networking. Then we had to search everything for ourselves. "It has to have 3 servers with 3 routers, and 3 different networks". It's more of like a pointers for the upcoming exam. That's why I'm creating this practice project. Is there any way to like send emails from 1 network to another ? 

Hello,

I have made some changes which still meet the requirement but get you connectivity between everything. Review the attached and revised project file. I have added serial links between the routers, and also a routing protocol (EIGRP).

Thank you! I will be reviewing the attached file. I might as well search for the meaning and uses of serial links and routing protocols. You've been helpful. Thank you so much! I'll be back in a few moments if I have some clarrifications. 

Hey! Thank you so much for your help! It's working perfectly for me. I'm not having any issues or whatnot. The only thing I need to do is to study about serial links and EIGRP. Big help man, thank you again!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card