cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP Between Two Cisco Switches?

awelliott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all – I am after some input on a configuration I am looking at.

I have 2 x 3750Gs which are stacked, and 2 x 3130s (DELL Blade Switch) also stacked. Note they are separate stacks. I need to connect them, preferably using LACP (I think). So, I figure I can setup an Etherchannel in the usual manner. Is this the normal/standard/accepted way to do it? Or am I all wrong?

I'd like to connect a each switch to both others – if that makes sense – so 4 connections between the two stacks to cover single points of failure, all on the same etherchannel, both active.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks.

Aaron

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

awelliott wrote:

Hi all – I am after some input on a configuration I am looking at.

I have 2 x 3750Gs which are stacked, and 2 x 3130s (DELL Blade Switch) also stacked. Note they are separate stacks. I need to connect them, preferably using LACP (I think). So, I figure I can setup an Etherchannel in the usual manner. Is this the normal/standard/accepted way to do it? Or am I all wrong?

I'd like to connect a each switch to both others – if that makes sense – so 4 connections between the two stacks to cover single points of failure, all on the same etherchannel, both active.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks.

Aaron

Aaron

Etherchannel is a normal way to connect switches to each other if you want redundancy and throughput.

Note that normally a restriction on etherchannel is that you cannot have the same etherchannel bundle spread across different switches. This restriction is not applicable to the 3750 switches because they support cross stack etherchannel but i don't know about the Dell switches, so you need to check.

LACP is the way to go as PaGP is Cisco proprietary.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card