cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lic file | ipbase ipbasek9 Permanent ipbasek9 security securityk9 Permanent securityk9 uc uck9 Permanent uck9

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Freinds

where is the Lic file for the below Feature , i couldn't find it on the Local Flash , i need to upgrade the Current IOS c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M5.bin ,

License Info:

License UDI:

-------------------------------------------------
Device# PID SN
-------------------------------------------------
*1 CISCO2911/K9

Technology Package License Information for Module:'c2900'

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technology Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipbase ipbasek9 Permanent ipbasek9
security securityk9 Permanent securityk9
uc uck9 Permanent uck9

5 Replies 5

Hi,
If all you want to do is update your IOS you should not need to have a license file. The license is linked with the serial number of your device.

If you have a need to replace your router, for example in a RMA situation you can follow a specific process to extract the license information into a file. For this you’d need to be in contact with the global licensing support at Cisco.

Sincerely
Roger

Response Signature

Hi Roger

Thanks a lot for responding Back quickly to my thread , really appreciate

bro , the license is it embedded with IOS , when i issue "Router#sh license file " i have seen as embedded Lic file

pls clarify

thanks a lot bro roger

ibrahim

The only time I’ve seen an actual file for licenses and Cisco routers is for RMA situations. Never for an upgrade of IOS. I’m not sure what more you want around this? If you seek another answer please reach out to licensing support.

Response Signature

For upgrading, you dont need a License file. 

Licenses are  installed using "license install location" command. it  can be installed from flash or Tftp. If you install the license from TFTP, you won't see the file on flash. Once installed, there is no need to keep this in flash/tftp. So no need to get panic if you dont find the files in your flash. 

When you order a new router, it is shipped preinstalled with the software image and the corresponding permanent licenses for the packages and features that you specified. If you ordered license separately, you  will  receive a PAK. using this PAK and S/N you generate the license file. 

If you still need the license  file for your existing router, open a ticket with Cisco Licensing TAC. Provide them required informations and  they give you  the file. 

You can use below link to open a support case, and select Software licensing option. 

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Response Signature

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks a lot  roger

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card