cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensed needed for OSPF/BGP on WS-C3560V2-24TS-E ?

SGT Engineering
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It's not very clear for me.

Do I need to buy a license if I want to use OSPF or BGP on WS-C3560V2-24TS-E ?

Best Regards,

SGT

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on what feature set is preinstalled. If you are running IP Services already then no. If you are running IP Base then yes, you need to purchase a license and upgrade the IOS to the IP Services feature set.

Jon

I went through this issue with my 3560 and 3750 installation - as of v12.2(55), the base license includes OSPF.  If you need BGP, then yes, you need IP Services.  If you don't have 12.2(55) or higher, OSPF will not work on IP Base.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

@jlmickens: Do you know if on your 3560 and 3750, the hardware model is TS-S or TS-E?

@jlmickens: Did you buy an extra license for BGP?

-> I thought TS-E means with IP services license included.

I forget to say that I don't ordered this device yet.

I'm afraid of extra cost if I want to use BGP/OSPF on this device WS-C3560V2-24TS-E.

Best Regards,
SGT

Hello Jon,

I didn't ordered this switch yet.

Do you know which feature set will be preinstalled if I ordered WS-C3560V2-24TS-E?

Best Regards,

SGT

My 3560 is a  WS-C3560G-24TS-S.  A TS-E will have the IP Services license.  You will pay more for the switch as opposed to a TS-S which has the IP Base set on it. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/data_sheet_c78-530976.html

Look at Table 7 towards the bottom - it explains which service set comes on each model.  One thing to note, the switch you purchase may not necessarily have the latest version on it.

I believe you will need to decide whether you need to run OSPFor BGP (or both).  If you need BGP, get the TS-E.   If you only need OSPF, get the TS-S and update it to at least 12.2(55).  The cost difference between IP Base and IP Services is at least $1500 iirc.  I only needed OSPF, thus I only purchased the TS-S.

Thank you for your answer.

I have made a quick test on WS-C3560G-48TS-S.

I was able to upgrade to the following IOS c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin and I was able to perform the following command:

conf t

router bgp 1

Best Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card