cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing upgrades for stacked switches

Withers Bergman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4 member stack of 3750's. We would like to take advantage of wccp and we understand that we will need to upgrade our switch licensing from IPBase to IPServices. My question is do we need to pay for a license for each member in the stack or does one IPServices license upgrade cover the whole stack?

WS-C3750G-48PS

WS-C3750G-48TS
WS-C3750G-48TS
WS-C3750G-48TS

Thank you-

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The      Author of this posting offers the information contained within this      posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding   that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any    purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only  and   should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any  kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own  risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In      no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever    (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or    profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's    information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of   such  damage.

Posting

With that series, I believe it's legal to upgrade just one switch, although for redundancy you'll need to upgrade two switches.  Whether you buy one or two licenses, you need to insure only the upgraded switch(es) have the IP Services IOS installed.  (NB: Although you're legally restricted to only installing IP Services IOS on the switch[es] licensed for it, the stack will [legally, I also believe] run that image across the whole stack.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card