cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balance configure with Two ISP in cisco 881 router (urgent)

Ibrahim Bhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to load balance configure in cisco 881 router with two ISP connection. is it possible to configure in cisco 881 router with dual ISP connection? If possible the what will be the configuration? Please share.

7 Replies 7

Hi @Ibrahim Bhuiyan

How does your router is connected to the ISP? Is it through an Ethernet port?

I believe is possible and you can use IP SLA to trigger ISP switchover when link goes down.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Two seperate ISP. In Crisco 881 router there is only one WAN port and 4 LAN port. So One ISP is connected at WAN port and another is LAN port by VLAN. But how can configure two different gateway for two ISP?
Can you tell me what is main focus of IP SLA? And how to do it?

IP SLA is fail over protocol. But I need Load sharing. Will it be possible? 

Usually this routers works for redundancy but using two WAN connections. For example, WAN ethernet port with ISP A and 3G connection with ISP B.

Using LAN port I don't think is possible.

I don't understand exactly what do you mean by Load Sharing but the idea of IP SLA is very simple.

Let's say you are sending traffic through ISP A and the link stop working. With IP SLA the router detects the link failure and start sending traffic through ISP B. 

However, you can send traffic to one ISP at a time. 

Thank you Miranda.

Actually I want to use both ISP bandwidth with together. that's why I called load balancing or sharing. I know I can configure easily SLA but here I can use only one ISP at a time. If I want to use both ISP bandwidth the it would be possible? 

I think one WAN terminate is possible on LAN port by creating vlan or interface vlan. 

Please share your comments.

It will probably create a problem known as "Asymmetric routing ".  if you try load sharing traffic.

You can send  all Voice traffic to one ISP and all web traffic to another ISP, for example, but, load sharing the same traffic through different ISP is not possible. 

You are right.

If it is not possible then can I send traffic from two separate LAN through two ISP separately by using one router (cisco 881).

EX.

LAN-172.16.2.0/24 >> WAN-203.189.102.5/30

LAN- 172.16.3.0/24 >> WAN - 165.103.21.5/30

I want to send traffic in that way by using one router. 

Actually I use two ISP by using two separate linksys router for two LAN. Now I want to use two LAN in one router with dual ISP.

Please suggest your comment. If need any clarification please ask any time.

Thank you.

mahditalebi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please consider ISP 1 gateway as 1.1.1.1 and ISP 2 gateway as 2.2.2.2:

You can use IP SLA with static route to achieve your goal.

ip sla 1
icmp-echo 1.1.1.1
timeout 500
frequency 1
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

ip sla 2
icmp-echo 2.2.2.2
timeout 500
frequency 1
ip sla schedule 2 life forever start-time now
!
track 10 rtr 1 reachability