cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

load balance traffic over to 2 WAN router

mustansirt
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 WAN routers, each connected to a different ISP. on the WAN routers we also have HSRP between them for the LAN Segment and then there is an edge firewall points to HSRP virtual IP.

ON WAN side we have achieved load balancing and are receiving inbound internet traffic on both routers.

How can i achieve load balancing on the LAN segment , by changing HSRP to GLBP help me achieve load balancing  but since the FW is doing natting for all LAN traffic hence source of each packet will be same of that of FW, so would the WAN router assign different gateway MAC for each inbound packet and if not then how can i achieve the LB. 

16 Replies 16

Hi Paul and Georg

My Query is similar to https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/glbp-round-robin-load-balancing/td-p/2126138 thread,

Is there a work around in GLBP because Joseph has mentioned its not possible and we need to use mhsrp or Pfr.

Thanks.

Hello

If your toplogy is how you have describe it then it will load balance regards the NAT running on the single fw and its single default route towards two wan rtrs with glbp host-independant enabled on those wan rtrs.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card