Helpful
Replies

Log Message "MWAM-DFC1-0-CORRECTABLE_ECC_ERR:"

zhangtaoie
Level 1
Level 1

hi, all

i got some problems, this is part of "show logging" output:

%MWAM-DFC1-0-CORRECTABLE_ECC_ERR: A correctable ECC error has occurred, A_BUS_L2_ERRORS: 0x0, A_BUS_MEMIO_ERRORS: 0x3C, A_SCD_BUS_ERR_STATUS: 0x80DC0000

should i do something for this ? i mean would  these errors cause  some more serious problems?

2 Replies 2

Hi,

i am also getting same errror on ciso 7609

Oct 25 01:56:28.447: %MWAM-CFC1-0-CORRECTABLE_ECC_ERR: A correctable ECC error has occurred, A_BUS_L2_ERRORS: 0x0, A_BUS_MEMIO_ERRORS: 0xFF, A_SCD_BUS_ERR_STATUS: 0x80DC0700

Oct 25 01:57:35.203: %MWAM-CFC1-0-CORRECTABLE_ECC_ERR: A correctable ECC error has occurred, A_BUS_L2_ERRORS: 0x0, A_BUS_MEMIO_ERRORS: 0xFF, A_SCD_BUS_ERR_STATUS: 0x80DC0700

MAX_R2#

Hello Tao & Satya,

Till now the memory correction is doing its job to rectify the ECC parity error and if the message is getting repeated then there is immediate need to reset the module to wiped out the Parity error. If after resetting the module still the error starts reflecting then there is immediate need to replace it.

Note:This is hardware error and is getting generated for the Line card 1 in both the cases and this not a IOS issue but rather it is the hardware condtion or a transient issue . And if you still have any further query please revert Image code and the module you are using so that it could further analysed.

Regards,

Sanjay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card