Views
Helpful
Replies

Login Page in packet tracer

andy.chapman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed packet tracer on a x64 Win 7 laptop and when i open the program it brings up a blank screen and wont allow me to login to the netacad, i have checked the requirements and updated java, flash and silverlight just in case but still nothing.

I installed it on a linux laptop and that works fine its just in this laptop, any ideas?

51 Replies 51

I have the same problem, I can not access to packet tracer with my credentials but i can access to netacad and webex normally, the problem is just with packet tracer

SoumaineBouba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. I had the same issue and then I realised that my PC wasn't connected to the internet. As soon as I reconnected it to the internet and relunched Packet Tracer it worked fine. I hope it helps!

atig.network
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,

I just resolve the problem, all i did is remove all my add blockers.. and voila..

no more blank window. try it

thanks

mohinbend
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anyone else has this issue, it appears that Packet Tracer requires Administrative privileges to run.  I don't have Admin privileges on my standard user account, so I have to use "Run as Administrator" for it to function.  Keep in mind that it will store the component files in the Administrator user directory when you start it using that method.

Koji Ogawa
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a proxy server. When I did the following, the login screen was displayed.

1. Permit Packet Tracer communication with Windows Firewall. (Please do this as needed)

2. Remove C: \ Users \ userx \ Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 and reinstall PacketTracer. (This is unnecessary if the number of times saved at guest login remains.)

3. Run PacketTracer and log in as a guest.

4. Open the Miscellaneous tab from Options-> Preferences.

5. Enter the proxy server information you are using for Proxy Settings.

6. Close Preferences and open the Miscellaneous tab from Options-> Preferences again to make sure that the proxy server information you entered is reflected.

7. Quit Packet Tracer and start it again.

Please try it.

Dear
I try it. Its doesn't work
cisco should be given a solution

Thanks, nice try but This not working also..

ErikRevaj6335
Level 1
Level 1

Re-installing PacketTracer solved the issue for me

I did uninstall and reinstall no go.. Since Cisco updated to SSO single sign on, It does not load in the user login page.. it shows blank..My only option is to sign in as Guest.. It used to work before the SSO disco's update.

Guys,
I try, its working
If you are using proxy server you don't have an option log on
so
step -01
connect your pc direct to internet log on with netacad and click save
username & passwords

step-02
now you can connect your proxy server with proxy credentials. its working
fine

kanliot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have the same problem with white login screen.  I finally got into packet tracer by clicking guest mode then quickly exiting the web browser before the countdown stopped.  I still can't login, but guest mode is working now at least, I just can't click into the preferences windows before packettracer crashes.

ferdokaban96496
Level 1
Level 1

i think it's time to switch OS to window 10 . I am also facing this pro when i use my love window 7 then i finally upgrade to window 10 🤞 in jun 2019 and woooo its work like a charm (with upgrade 4 gb more RAM )

youshen
Level 1
Level 1
I am just a beginner - and I have just used Packet tracer 7.1. When cisco change the login to OneID I found that I am getting a blank login. My PC is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with the latest patch from windows and Packet tracer is 7.2.2 (the latest). I try everything and it is not working but later with some luck I was able to have the login screen. So the answer is:
When I power up my windows machine I don't start any browser applications and then run packet tracer and the login page is not blank. If I start the browser first the packet tracer login page is blank. If I close the browser and run packet tracer I got blank login, only restart of the windows machine (without browser running) I get the login page. I hope that will help. I know every machine can be very different so please try out my steps if not working then search the internet for another answer
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card