cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lots of prefixes needed.

MICHAEL HALL
Level 1
Level 1

I think that title should suffice. I'm in charge of testing candidate vendors for WAN service, and need to confirm that our vendors will support a rather large BGP table. We're talking about a sufficiently large table size that I won't start to think about statics or loopbacks to populate it. That said, how could I go about generating thousands of BGP prefixes to seed an isolated environment?

We don't have any issues with our current environment, which simply shares our global table across the candidate carrier's network; however, I would like to design a scenario that will allow for multiple concurrent tests that maintain isolation via VRFs.                  

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

tony.henry_2
Level 1
Level 1

We use an IXIA box for this type of testing. has the added benefit of being able to generate a load as well which you might find useful.

Tony

I'll have to investigate this option, Tony. My lab actually uses IxChariot for traffic loading. Nice software! What specific product do you have in mind?

Thanks for your suggestion!

I took a look through the IxNetwork interface at work today. Looks like it'll do the trick. Thank you again, Tony.

Ixia gets another big thumbs-up from me!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card