Views
Helpful
Replies

Measuring Actual Bandwidth / DS3 Lines

Jkloza_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of doing a bandwidth analysis on 2 WAN links at my current HQ / remote sites.  The topology is pretty straightforward, two 3845 routers at HQ, and two 3845 routers at my remote site, both with P2P DS3 interfaces between them.  From each router we then connect directly into a 6509 at the HQ, and a 4506 at my remote site where we are using equal cost load sharing (EIGRP) to split the load / give us redundancy between the sites.

I'm just looking for a good test for how well the circuits are performing.  I've done some basic file transfer tests, but they're only showing about 4MBPS, which seems quite slow.  I also know that this isn't a true measurement because there are amny different factors involved, like hard drive write speeds, network congestion, etc, that may influence the test.

Anyone out there have some suggestions on a good tool / bandwidth analysis tool?

Thanks in advance for any help!

15 Replies 15

r-godden
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card