Views
Helpful
Replies

mem-flsh-8G memory installation on ISR4331

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i have one router ISR4331 which is running with 16.9.2 image.

Actually i need to install new mem-flsh-8G memmory to the router. i did it but after installing there is no compatible version into that memory and router is not booting with old 16.9.2 image. May be new mem-flsh-8G flash memory overcoes old bootflash as in romon mode i am not able to see image 16.9.2 in dir bootflash:

So i need to know how i can add 16.9.2 image into that mem-flsh-8G flash memory?

Any suggestions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this document and or follow the mentioned procedures accordingly :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/flashmemory/isr4000_flashmem.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the eFLASH gets installed, it "overrides" the existing flash.  It is not 4 (existing) + 8 (new flash).  

This is "how" it behaves.  

(Remove the new eFLASH and you'll see the existing firmware in the "old" flash.)

You will need to upload the new IOS-XE firmware either by, gulp, console or use a USB stick.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this document and or follow the mentioned procedures accordingly :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/flashmemory/isr4000_flashmem.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the eFLASH gets installed, it "overrides" the existing flash.  It is not 4 (existing) + 8 (new flash).  

This is "how" it behaves.  

(Remove the new eFLASH and you'll see the existing firmware in the "old" flash.)

You will need to upload the new IOS-XE firmware either by, gulp, console or use a USB stick.  

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo and Marce,

i have  installed new 8gb flash mem to router and performed below steps as sugested.

1. Connected USB in FAT format to router ( Which is running with old flash) and copied current image andstartup config.

2. Switched off router and installed new 8gb flash mem.

3. Powered on router and entered in romon mode.

4.In rmmon mode i booted router with image from USB drive

rommon> boot usb0:image.bin

5. After router comes up,  i have copied image from usb0: to bootflash: (new flash) and set boot variable to take image from botflash:

config)#boot system bootflash:image.bin

6. Once router booted wih image from bootflash: , i copied startup config from usb0: to running conf

7.Saved config  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: