cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLFR and VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI on a 2610

tzmitch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I'm trying to bring up three T1s across two VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI cards in built in WIC slots on a 2610. I can't get the serial int line protocol to ever come up, the MFR interface sees no LMI etc. But I can use two of the T1s on older WIC-1DSU cards and it comes up and runs like a champ. With the VWICs, the carrier sees slipping, but setting clock source line has no effect.

Anyone have any success with this? Command documentation for the "network-clock-participate" command indicates that the VWICs are limited to internal clocking unless this global command is used with the VWICs in an NM, which seems somewhat odd to me. Suggestions?

Tommy

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

This command applies to any network module with T1/E1 controllers to provide clocks from a central source (MIX module for the Cisco 3660) to the network module and to the port on the network module. Then that port can be selected as the clock source with the network-clock-select command to supply clock to other ports or network modules that choose to participate in network clocking with the network-clock-participate command. This command synchronizes the clocks for two ports

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco