cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPPP concerns

paul amaral
Level 4
Level 4

Hi we are thinking of using MLPPP to join two T3 circuits. These circuits will terminate on an enchanced flexwan. The problem I'm having and would like opinions on is the following. These two T3s are wireless T3s and depending on the weather they will bounce and show rx/tx errors. sometimes once interface will bounce very frequently while the other is up with no issues. I also am not sure what the latency on these circuits is and im sure that it changes also. What problems can i expect if i combine these circuits into a logical one? what are the drawbacks to this?

thanks, Paul

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will affect the entire bundle as traffic will be load-balanced. I don't recommend bundling interfaces if you know they aren't stable.

Edison, thanks for the reply. I’m in agreement with you and I just looked at the cisco site an notice that cisco doesn’t not support MLPPP on DS3 links, especially on clear channel DS3 links. Assuming the links are stable with a few issues with packet loss/out of order packets what would be the affects of this on the bundle configured with LFI. I’m assuming more retransmits and more cpu/memory because of buffering but aside from that it should work fairly well on a WS-X6582-2PA correct.

paul

Your assumptions are correct.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The       Author of this posting offers the information contained within  this      posting without consideration and with the reader's  understanding   that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or  fitness for any    purpose.   Information provided is for informational  purposes only  and   should not   be construed as rendering professional  advice of any  kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely  at reader's own  risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In       no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever     (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or     profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's     information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of    such  damage.

Posting

If the quality of the links can change so much, and be so different, you might want to determine if OER/PfR might be used.  It can monitor quality and latency and if one link is worst than the other, move traffic off it to the other.  If quality improves, it will move traffic back to it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card