Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile hotspot in Packet Tracer?

limey75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Not sure whether this the correct place to post this query, but I can't see a better place...

Is it possible to create a mobile hotspot (from a smartphone) in PT? I can't at present see a way of doing this. It looks like you can do wired USB-tethering, though.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Asemmoqbel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Packet tracer has limitations and it doesn't help much to create real labs with higher services such as mobile hotspot.

I recommend you to use GNS3 for this kind of Labs as it has many features and plus.

Best Regards

Asem

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Asemmoqbel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Packet tracer has limitations and it doesn't help much to create real labs with higher services such as mobile hotspot.

I recommend you to use GNS3 for this kind of Labs as it has many features and plus.

Best Regards

Asem

Thanks, Asem!

You are Welcome ...

g5cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

it is actually possible to use the PT mobile phone has an hotspot the virtual world of Packet Tracer.
You may want to look at the example bluetooth tethering.pkt. You will find in the latest PT 8.2.1 using the "Open Samples" and navigating to file:  1-Networking \ Wireless \ Bluetooth \ bluetooth tethering.pkt.

G5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card