cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

modem eth1 to wan1 and eth2 to wan2, is it possible ?

MooS
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

I do not have a good English so I made a diagram for you to understand me. Is it possible to obtain this? I can not find the options on my cisco rv345 router. Thanks for your help.infra.PNG

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes you can connect to 2 WAN port to same ISP.

But look at the limitation of throuhput for the the device.:

Firewall Statefulpacket inspection, 900-Mbps throughput for TCP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP) traffic

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/global/en_au/solutions/small-business/pdfs/datasheet-c78-738374.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the answer.

This means that I can not exceed 900mbps. So I could not use my 2gb of bandwidth?

Sorry i use google traduction.

as per the document yes, thease are ment to use small medum business routers.

BB

what router do you recommend ?

thk u.

Hi,

I recommend for Cisco ISR 4451 or ISR 4451 with a Performance License. 

As another option, you can go with ASR 1001-X router.

Here is datasheet for the both:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/datasheet-c78-731632.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/data_sheet-c78-732542.html

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

The higher models will do more than 1GB WAN , i do not make any sense for me to buy higher for Home office kind of setup.

Rather i invest money on simple FW for home need to protect the network. (ISR / ASR are too high for end user budget personal advise).

BB

Hi,

I agree with you. I missed or @MooS didn't mention that he is seeking a guide for Home. If it is for home then go with NGFW as Sophos/Fortigate/Opensence etc.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello,

I am not sure I understand your topology. Do you have one or two ISPs ? Looking at your drawing, it seems like you have a 2Gig connection coming in to your modem, and from there, you have two connections to your RV345 ? The multi-WAN load balancing feature on the RV345 is supposed to load balance IF the RV345 is the Internet edge device...

Hello, (sorry I use the google translator)

Thank you all for your responses. I will analyze all your suggestions. I do not plan to invest too much money for a home installation.

@Georg Pauwen 

I only have an ISP with 2gb of bandwidth, and I wanted to use it all on my router cisco rv_345 knowing that the ports are only in 1gb. I would like to be able to configure my cisco, asking him for the wifi terminal it uses the port wan2 and for other ports it goes through wan1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: