Views
Helpful
Replies

Monthly Data Usage on Cisco ASA

Muhammad Rafi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone please let me know if there is any command or any way to find out that how much data usage in a month on the Cisco ASA as this is the gateway for our DCs.

Also we have to ASAs, so if I know how to get the data usage on one ASA, then I can add them together and will get the final usage for our DC.

I need the both, outbound usage and Inbound usage.

I know one thing is I can request ISP to give us the same information but I am wondering if there is any way without asking ISP, we can get the information and then it would be better to confirm with ISP.

Thanks in Advance.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Version 9.1(3)

7 Replies 7

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

I mean, you could just do a 'show int x/x' where x/x is the interface type/port.

You could then add all that up, and that should give you you're answer.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You should consider enabling NetFlow on your ASA.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Many thanks John T and John L

this looks like a good idea, would you mind to let me know how can i setup this ?

What is the model number of your ASA and code?

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Version 9.1(3)

Model is 5525

The link I have included below, provides configuration information and various other information for NetFlow configuration on ASA 5500X series firewalls.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

I hope this helps Muhammad

Thanks John, I will have a look

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card