Views
Helpful
Replies

moving to Azure/AWS etc - performance over internet

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

Most people are moving resources to the cloud now, generally based over Internet connections, people have cifs shares / run backups etc.

What are peoples thoughts on the performance with this? Is it acceptable? have people had to deploy WAN accelerators for the job etc?

cheers

2 Replies 2

Hello

I Would say it all depends  on the latency between your cloud dc and your branch office  however saying that wan optimisation boxes I think I great pieces of kit use - I would say if you don’t have a very good high connectivity between your branch and cloud then these devices will make a big difference to your day to day cloud services

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul

The latency seems to be around 20ms on average to the cloud from our branch offices, thought some internet connections are not very big, some are 20 to 50Mbit.

Are many people having to use WAN accelerators to improve performance?

We are proposing running all AD services / DNS / SMB and other apps in Azure.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card