Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS L2VPN L2protocol tunnel

Hi there,

We have EPL configuration running between an IOS-XR ASR9K (P and PE router) and IOS-XE ASR-920 (PE router) in our MPLS network.

Our customer wants to be able to pass UDLD across this EVC between their CE routers.

I can configure this on the IOS-XE side and can confirm I am seeing L2PT UDLD frames being encapped, but i see no decapped.

what is the IOS-XR equivalent to sh ethernet service instance id 1 int te0/0/25 platform?

is it even achievable to tunnel UDLD from IOS-XR device?

would it be better to use L2protocol forwarding on both sides?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

how did you configure this on the XR side ? I do not even have UDLD as an option, at least not in the GNS3 XR version...

Hi Georg,

i have since learnt you can only tunnel l2protocol cpsv using the following command:

interface TenGigE0/4/0/8.401 l2transport l2protocol cpsv tunnel

what i am most interested in is finding the statistics on the IOS-XR device that show the l2 control protocol that are encap/decap.

the equivalent of the following:

aklv04001-b1-car03#sh ethernet service instance id 1535 interface gi0/0/1 platform

Service Instance (EFP) L2 PDU Handing Info

EFP CDP STP VTP DTP PAGP LLDP LACP UDLD LOAM ESMC ELMI PTPPD RES4 RES5 RES6 RES8 RES9 RESA RESB RESC RESD RESF CFG NH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gi0/0/1.Efp1535 TUNL TUNL TUNL DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP DROP Y N

EFP L2PT Tunnel statistics
----------------------------------------
L2protocol Encapped Decapped
----------------------------------------
CDP: 0 362611

Robert,

If you're doing a direct point-to-point pseudowire, you should be able to accomplish this without tunneling using an l2vpn xcconnect group. Here's an example:

IOS XR

interface GigabitEthernet0/2/0/1

mtu 9014
l2transport

l2vpn

xconnect group TEST

p2p TEST

interface Gi0/2/0/1

neighbor ipv4 192.168.1.2 pw-id 1234

IOS XE

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
mtu 9000
no ip address
negotiation auto
service instance 1 ethernet
encapsulation default
xconnect 192.168.1.1 1234 encapsulation mpls

The IP address both both devices should be a loopback addresses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card