Views
Helpful
Replies

mpls mbgp redistribution

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I have a lab and re distributing OSPF from VRF "10" to BGP.

Routers in between(R1 to R2 to R3) run iBGP with VPN4 . the ospf gets to the other end (R3) with next hop of R1 BGP loopback address.

when redistributing this back to ospf on R3, I can see it on R3 VRF 10 ospf database but not in routing table.

I have also used bgp redistribute internal.

Also show ip ospf database network x.x.x.x does not work. it does show the network on LSA type 5 but cannot see anything about it using that command.

what can be wrong here?

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

On R3, you should see the routes in the corresponding VRF, learned as BGP routes. This is the normal behavior. Even when you redistribute these routes back to OSPF, R3 will continue seeing them as BGP routes.

You do not need to use the bgp redistribute internal, as with VPN routes, this is the default.

I assume that there is another CE router connected to R3 in the corresponding VRF that has an OSPF adjacency to R3. Does this CE routes see the routes as OSPF routes? What do you see in the OSPF database on CE?

Best regards,
Peter

many thanks for this. I found the solution as per my earlier post. Do you know why when I type show ip ospf network x.x.x.x to see the information about a type 5 lsa, I see nothing ?

it is on a vrf? is there a VRF command with ospf ?

Hi,

The fact that you were running your CE in a VRF-lite configuration was very important - you did not mention that fact. Yes, in that case, the capability vrf-lite was necessary, otherwise the CE ignored the LSA-5 received in the VRF.

Do you know why when I type show ip ospf network x.x.x.x to see the information about a type 5 lsa, I see nothing ?

Most probably, this is because show ip ospf database network is a command to display specific Type-2 LSAs, not Type-5. If you want to see Type-5 LSAs, you must use the show ip database external x.x.x.x command.

Best regards,
Peter

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

solution was vrf capability on ospf ce side.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card