cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast bit rate shows 0.00 bps for Nexus 5k's ??

silverwoolley
Level 1
Level 1

One of my troubleshooting techniques to verify if a customer is getting a multicast stream from a Nexus 7k was to run 'show ip mroute detail" & it would show me a 5gb/s bit rate which allowed me to confirm they were getting the feed.  If it was a zero bit rate, I knew our upstream ACL was blocking the stream. 

Now with our 5k's they show 0.00 bp/s even when the customer is successfully pulling the stream. Cisco documentation states: Cisco Nexus 5000 series devices do not support per packet counters. Hence the show ip mroute summary command does not show correct count of packets sent out. The packets per second (pps) count is shown as zero. 

or

// The above output shows the number of packets sent as ‘0’ and the number of packets per second(pps)
also as 0. This is a known limitation in Cisco Nexus 5000 series devices.

My question is, how can I trust the switch to let me know if I'm passing full data on these multicast groups?  Are there any other commands that are useful for this?  It seems if I use 5k's I've lost half of my troubleshooting abilities. 

2 Replies 2

silverwoolley
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot these multicast streams fully?  The bit rate shows 0.00 & is very misleading.

I found this Cisco Live slide show on Nexus Multicast configs.  It's helpful, but I guess I'm just out of luck with being able to see the bit rate anymore. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card