Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple HSRP

saidalghbli
Level 1
Level 1

HI Engineers.

i want to configure multiple HSRP and give each group of users a different gateway, so how can I configure a DHCP server on Cisco router or Switch to give a gateway to each group of users

EX:

users 10.10.1.10/24-TO-10.10.1.100/24------>getaway  10.10.1.1

users 10.10.1.101/24-TO-10.10.1.253/24------>getaway  10.10.1.254

Is that possible?

regards

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the use case here ?  Can you explain more here ?

other hand it is possible and you can subnet the network and do the HSRP config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to split the load between two routers then I would suggest using GLBP instead of HSRP.  Then you don't have to mess with DHCP and the config will be simple.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ft_glbp.html

Hi 

Yes, I want to split the load as you mention ,but I ask to do that with HSRP. I want to learn if I could do the DHCP stuff and if it possible scenario, Just for learning.

Thanx 

I agree with Philip,

Also, you are trying to split the same subnet which it is not ideal, if you have two subnets then you will have two gateways making HSRP easier and more intuitive, instead of one subnet and two gateways.

Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Unsure DHCP will allow itself to split up the network hosts unless you hard code host MACs to IPs.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card