cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple NAT inside/outside Interfaces

AdamInChains
Level 1
Level 1

A current router is setup with a NAT pool access two interfaces.  Interface G0/1 is "ip nat inside" and and Interface Tunnel11 is "ip nat outside".   I want to be able to do static NATs across two different Interfaces while not interupting the current NAT pool functionality.  I want to set Interface S0/1 as "ip nat outside" and G0/0 as "ip nat inside" and assign some static one to one NATs.  Is it possible to have two interfaces as "ip nat inside" and two interfaces as "ip nat outside" and them not interfere with each other?  Or some other method needs to be used?

Thanks,

Adam

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AdamInChains wrote:

A current router is setup with a NAT pool access two interfaces.  Interface G0/1 is "ip nat inside" and and Interface Tunnel11 is "ip nat outside".   I want to be able to do static NATs across two different Interfaces while not interupting the current NAT pool functionality.  I want to set Interface S0/1 as "ip nat outside" and G0/0 as "ip nat inside" and assign some static one to one NATs.  Is it possible to have two interfaces as "ip nat inside" and two interfaces as "ip nat outside" and them not interfere with each other?  Or some other method needs to be used?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam

There is no direct link between an "ip nat inside" and an "ip nat outside" statement ie. it's really simply to do with how the packets are routed. So i can't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

If you want to post exactly what you are trying to do i will lab it up and test it but as i say i can't see why it wouldn't work.

Jon

I have done this before. Its been at least 5 years however.

Some things to keep in mind, memory utilization can be high.

and depending on the number of translations, things can get

bogged down. good luck

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok let say the internal host is 1.1.1.1 and you want to translate it to 2.2.2.2 when exit int s0/1

also you said you already have pool over the tunnel interface

lets say your pool name is pool1

ip nat inside source route-map nat1 pool pool1 {overload}   -- not sure if you are usign overload option or not

ip nat inside source static 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 route-map nat2     -- any traffic from 1.1.1.1 going thorugh s0/1 will be nated to 2.2.2.2

route-map nat1

match ip address 100

match interface tunnel0     --- assuming your tunnel is tunnel0

route-map nat2

match interface s0/1

access-list 100 permit ip any any

note the match interface means match the exit interface

if the traffic going through the tunnel interface it will be nated according the configured pool you have

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card