cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MY CCNP router and Trouble shooting is valid ?

takhan
Level 1
Level 1

I passed exam CCNP router and trouble shooting
around 12/28/15 but i do not still pass switch..

I Know router and trouble shooting exam expire in 2018
but I passed CCDA and OCSE around 2017..

And then my CCNA was extend in 2020

I hope router and trouble shooting  is extend...

so I want to know.. if I pass exam switch
Can I get CCNP certification? or do I have to get router and trouble shooting again ?

4 Replies 4

Hello

Yes if you pass a valid  cisco exam(CCNA/Professional/Expert) all your other cisco exams you have already passed and have not yet expired will be extended

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I am not sure what the OCSE is however as far as I understand you have to re-cert with the same level or higher, so if thats the case then you should be fine but it will show on your cert tracker.

Differently to the others I doubt that this will work. To my understanding, only certifications (like CCNA, CCNP, ...) are extended when a new exam of the same or higher level is passed. But not the individual exams. And if the exam itself is expired and the certification is not yet reached, I think that these exams have to be done again. But I am not exactly sure here.

mwood000111
Level 1
Level 1

Youll have to take Route and TShoot all over.  You have a three year period to take all three to be CCNP certified.  CCDA will renew the CCNA as you saw but for CCNP, it doesnt count towards that.  I was in similar situation late last year.  Passed Route in Sept 2016.  Thought taking Switch in 2019 would renew and keep CCNP path going for three more years.  I was wrong.  I just passed Switch last week and have to take TShoot by Sept.  Unfortunately, youll have to start from square one for CCNP.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card