cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Cisco RV042 w/ firmware v4.2.2.08 shows 0.0.0.0 of my other WAN and Load Balancing seems not working as expected

rgalindes23
Level 1
Level 1

I have bought this device to have the load balancing for my 2 connections.  It is from same ISP the other ADSL 2+ Modem Router is Prolink H6300 and the Other is Aztech.  The Aztech ADLS 2+Modem Router shows the router address at Rv042 Web Interface but Prolink does not.  I select the option Load Balancing but it only select one WAN a lot of time.  It takes days or more before it change to other WAN.  The one i was confused is that even the WAN from which Prolink is connected shows 0.0.0.0 in IP and DNS it was still connected and active so i think it is not a problem of a cable from the modem to the dual WAN router.  Is this issue affect the load balance that i cannot see it both active at a time and doing exchanging connection whenever users are browsing or doing some other stuffs at the internet?

I change the RV042 router address to 192.168.254.254 so that i will not change the existing gateways of my workstations that i already set to static ip addresses instead, i change the WAN1 router ip address to 192.168.9.254 and WAN2 router ip address to 192.168.10.254 working fine but the load balancing seems not working and it is more acting like Smart Link Backup mode...

Thank you, hopes i find an answer....

1 Reply 1

rgalindes23
Level 1
Level 1

Follow up report:)

I replaced the Prolink with other ADSL 2+ Modem router and work just fine...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card