cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT and DHCP with VPN

Brandon James
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco router thats purpose is to be mobile. With that said it will go from one hotel to another and get its WAN connection from the hotels public internet via DHCP.

My problem is this, the WAN interface will not pull a DHCP address when the crypto map is enable on that port, so i must turn it off then turn crypto map back on once it has received its IP address.

Second problem, Because the router gets its WAN from the hotel and most hotels require you to access their web gui and click the "I Accept" button in order to purchase or turn on your connectivity I have NAT turned on so one of my host machines can do this as I get no connectivity with NAT and VPN enable at the same time.

Right now I must manually manage this proccess of turning on and off crypto map to get DHCP and adding and removing the NAT statements after I turn on and off the crypto map.

The question I have is this a common problem and is there a common solution for it?

Thank you in advance to any help, information, or suggestions anyone may have.

1 Reply 1

gatlin007
Level 4
Level 4

Instead of a traditional crypto map on the interface try using 'Easy VPN Client' on the wandering router.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_guide09186a008007cfa7.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card