Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT-NVI: translation failed (A) dropping packet

leo.espinosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

No body at Cisco could answer this (ticket remains open 613870435)

I'm not sure if there is a problem with the router configuration or it is other thing. 

Problem Details: I configured NAT translation in order to access remotely an application running in port TCP 2000. 

The application times out and when i run a debug it show me: "NAT-NVI: translation
failed (A), dropping packet s=216.226.51.238 d=216.218.0.120 

We, together with people from cisco, do some test and the packet capture shows the server is responding ok but the client side doesnt see the response packets.

Thanks,
Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

Looks like you are using skinny port for your application; skinny traffic inspection is enable by default for 12.4T code, I am not sure if your IOS has that feature enabled by default. You can disable it using "no ip nat service skinny tcp port 2000".

HTH,

Lei Tian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

Looks like you are using skinny port for your application; skinny traffic inspection is enable by default for 12.4T code, I am not sure if your IOS has that feature enabled by default. You can disable it using "no ip nat service skinny tcp port 2000".

HTH,

Lei Tian

You don't have any idea how you help me. Thank you very much man.

I waste more than a month (since march 11) with Cisco "Engineers" trying to resolve this ticket (613870435). The case pass through 3 engineers, i thought i was going to receive a call from chambers or some like.TAC service is getting so bad.

I seriously thinking do not pay anymore smartnet and offer the support to our customer by myself.

THANKS AGAIN

Leo

Hi Leo,

You are welcome! glad that I can help.

I know that caveat because I just went through similar problem recently, but in general TAC still the best on troubleshooting.

HTH,

Lei Tian
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco