cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT translation based on destination network

ru7
Level 1
Level 1

I have read multiple documents on Nat-ting but still not able to resolve this.. any help is appreciated.

1. the LAN network (multiple subnets) needs to access server 1(outside)  - NAT translation works fine no issues

2. a subnet from the LAN e.g SUB-TEST currently acceses server1 but I need to change it  to access TESTserver 2 (outside) instead (temporarily)

I dont want to change the original setup .

I am trying to implement NAT on the local router such that

-  any traffic from SUB-TEST that enters the inside interface and is going to Server1 then change the destination and NAT it to TESTServer 2

-  all other LAN traffic is allowed to go to server 1.

hope this makes sense.

i am using a 1941 router for this

cheers,

RP.

1 Reply 1

tobyarnett
Level 1
Level 1

Ruby,

This does make sense but with out a diagram and some IPs I can't give any real specific details for the fix. However it sounds like what you need to do is incorporate a route-map along with you NAT statements. This would allow you to alter the destination as long as the traffic you want to NAT meets all your defined criteria. I could be off on what your needing but maybe you could provide a little more detail on IPS. They can be sample IPs but something to help clarify what your trying to do.

Toby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Toby

Please don't forget to rate any helpful post.