cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NATing on Source and Destination Address.

Mansoor Hafeez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a setup in which the NATing will be done as follows:

Inside Local = 192.168.5.3

Inside Global = 10.150.39.244

Now the requirement is as follows:

When the clients will initiate a traffic the source IP address will be changed to the 10.150.39.244.

Now in my environment there are number of clients those will access the clients on my internal network and they will have the Dest IP address as 10.150.39.244.

Can i achieve the task that the for IP address the Nating is done in both directions?

Regards

Mansoor

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

When source nating is done the reverse translation is automatically taken care. Meaning when some one access 10.150.39.244

it is automatically translated to 192.168.5.3 . But 192.168.5.3 should have been translated to 10.150.39.244 at least once. This translation should be present in the NAT table of the router.

My question was that if there is not NAT entry in the router for that IP Address than what will happened?

Will NATing still be performed or Router will drop the packet?

I believe that if you have a static nat entry on the router eg ip nat inside source..., then the translation will work in both directions regardless of who starts the conversation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: