Views
Helpful
Replies

need best solution

mirehteshamali
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i need a solution to connect  8 - 10 branh offices located in differenct cities . i  ma planning for DMVPN but i need to get low cost cisco router that fulfills my requirments . The braches are connected to internet via DSL or fiber .

do i need to get any license for this ?

whats the low series cisco router that can help me get my requirments fulfil .

also if i decide to go with full mesh ipsec ..does it required on cisco router to have license ?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use 877 for ADSL and 871 for ethernet. They also come in -W version with wireless. Very reasonable cost, and no license is necessary.

However, you will need a reputable Cisco engineer to configure, test and maintain the network.

If you try to do yourself, you will encounter many difficulties and the results will not be good.

Thanks for reply

modems are provide by service provider . i guess all i need is to connect the router to the modem using any ethernet interface . and start configuration .

also what the differecence  between the following part no .    i may also include IPSEC O DMVPN to secure the traffic .

CISCO871-K9

Cisco 871 Ethernet to Ethernet Router

CISCO871-SEC-K9

Cisco 871 Security Bundle with Advanced IP Services

i have tested the config on dynmips now its time to paste the configs on actual devices .

kindly advice

If it is ADSL, it is better to use 877 instead of the ISP supplied modem. That way you will have complete control and monitoring on the circuit, and onde device less to power and check.

You can try to do yourself, then at one point you will see that emulators are one thing, real worls is another, and there is no replacment for experience.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card