Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for PBR configuration

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Experts,

I need your help for the configuration of Policy Based Routing.

The Scenario is :

There are two WAN Links from two Different ISP : Campus NW has one CORE switch - Cisco Catalyst 6506.

Requirement :

When WAN Link 1 will be down -------- than

Traffic selected by ACL 1 will be diverted to GW1

Traffic selected by ACL 2 will be diverted to GW2

Rest of all traffic will be diverted to GW1

When WAN Link1 & 2 will be down ------- than

Traffic selected by ACL 1,ACL 2 and rest of all traffic will be divereted to GW1.

Can you help me how can we configure this requirement?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

CiscoIsInYou
Level 1
Level 1

Dipesh could you please elaborate on this as it is confusing that how traffic will be passed when both the links are down.

Moreover kindly depict a Traffic Flow like "6506--->Router--->2 ISPS" something like this to clear the picture.

Der All,

Ignore the previous description :

Location - 1 :

WAN link 1 = Internet Link

WAN link 2 - Internet Link

GW1 is MPLS Link -

Location - 2 :

WAN link 1 = Internet Link

WAN link 2 - Internet Link

GW1 is MPLS Link -

Query I have raised :

At Location 1 When WAN Link 1 will be down than the traffic selected by ACL1 will be diverted to GW1 (MPLS link ) and traffic selected by ACL 2 will be diverted to WAN link2 .

When WAN link1 & 2 both down than

All the traffic will be diverted to GW1 (MPLS).

This thing I want to configure using PBR how can I ? Please suggest config. Script.

Logic :

if (WAN link1 = down)

{

for traffic selected by ACL1, next hop = WAN link 2 ,

for traffic selected by ACL2, next hop = GW1(MPLS)

}

else

{

for all traffic , next hop - GW1(MPLS)

}

Regards

ok i am not very clear with your exact requirements, however in brief you have a router connected to two differnt ISPs

you want to control traffic going out each ISP based on source IP/port ( by using PBR ) also  i assuming you might have

NAting enabled per ISP link

and on top of that you need to make you PBR aware about link fauler to avoid balckholing in the case on ISP link Down

if the above is correct then you can achieve this by using PBR with IPSLA and also NATing with route-maps

for detailed description and config example of how archive this please refer to the bellow document i posted before on CSC

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8313

HTH

If helpful rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco