Replies

Need help to pick the right Router

amazumdar
Level 1
Level 1

I need help to pick the right

product.

Curretnly I have 3 ISPs

1. ATT - T1 using their managed Router 1800 series - which then goes to ASA 5510.

2. Megapath (another ISP)  Bonded T (3Mb)

3. Comcast Cable Modem using SMC 8014.

4. In a month I will have ATT Fiber 10 Mb pipe which will come from their Managed Router (1800 or some thing like that).

Here is my question: If I were to take full advantge of all the above available bandwidth for Internet access to the company employees which router should I buy, so that, that router will accept all the above ISPs and then I will conntect this new router to the firewall (ASA 5510) and the DG for all the machines will be the Internal Interface of ASA 5510.

Note: I will continue to have ATT managed routers and Cable Modem, but will need  2 WICs for Bonded T (item 2 above).

I will not need any Voice or video from this device. And there are appx. 100 employess (75 in the building and 25 remote users taveling and doing the VON tunnel via ATT managed Tunneling device

Can any one recommend me a router for the above?

Thanks,

Ashok

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can get a 2911 router and terminate all your connections to it.  It comes with 3 on board 10/100/100 Copper ports and you can add a couple of WICs for WAN interfaces.  It is a 2RU device.

Here is the datasheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10537/data_sheet_c78_553896.html

HTH

Reza

Thank Reza,

This helps.

Have a nice day.

Ashok

Hi Ashok,

In my previous post, I meant 10/100/1000 not 10/100/100

Reza

Roger that.

Thanks again.

Ashok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card