cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on ASA5510

Michael986
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure Netflow on an ASA5510 (running ADSM 6.4) - I've used the instructions here (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6114) and have ended up with a Service Policy for Netflow as it describes.

However, I am not getting anything appearing at the Netflow collector (which is on the same subnet - nothing complicated). I'm using PRTG Network Monitor (which is showing 'No data received') and have also used the Paessler Netflow 9 tested to check for any inbound Netflow data (which shows nothing). So I'm thinking it's more likely to be the ASA device which isn't sending correctly.

Is there any way to see what's happening with Netflow on the ASA - ie to see whether it is sending this info, or if it's getting blocked somewhere along the line.

Cheers

Michael

3 Replies 3

jakewilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

Perhaps you could verify your NetFlow configuration in ASDM on youtube.

The video needs updates as Active Timeout and Bidirectional flows are fixed in 8.4(5) which may have broke the current release of PRTG.

Please vote on this post if it helps solve your problem.

Sincerely,

Jake Wilson

NetFlow Knight

Michael,
Run a packet sniffer like wireshark to monitor the asa port.
That will remove any doubts to begin with. Also helps you focus on the troubleshooting with confidence.

Rgds/dp

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Michael986
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys - the error was on my part.

I watched the video and realised that the Interface of the 'Netflow Connector' is the Interface that it's sending on, not the interface that I want to monitor. So once I'd changed this to the LAN (rather than one of the external ports) all worked OK

Thanks again for your replies.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: