krybabie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 X cisco 2610 (router A and B)

also 1 X cisco 3620 (router C)

Router a & b have a 1 MB serial Link

Router B is main access router

Router A and C are connected via 2 X wireless links.

I need the following

RouterB to control Failover. If the 2 wireless links die then it must fail over to the serial

Router C must control load balancing 50/50.

I want to do this with static routes

could i do the following on router C

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.166.137 5

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.166.145 5

then on router B

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.166.4 5

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.166.133 10

Would that all work correctly

Regards

Malcolm

5 Replies 5

chirag-pandya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello krybabie ,

First thing is that u note that u want to make load balancing between ur routers if ur wireless link goes down,

see there r 2 link from router a to c if bothe will be down thenu have only 1 link from router a to c,

see main thing is that u need load balancing where u have multiple links or more than 1 link to same destination,

and if u want to make router b to share load betwen router a and c so both r directly connected with router b so for routing purpose u need only 1 or 2 commands and there is no need to configure floting route

----------

router C

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.166.1

router A

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (put serial no of router b or ip address of router b)

If u have any doubt thn tell me....

Chirag Pandya

Hi

i messed up in my blurb a bit

Router A is main access router

Router B is not main access router

Regards

Malcolm

Malcolm,

I recommend to enable routing protocol like eigrp and use sub-interface instead of secondary ip address. Eigrp will do everything for you.

If you have to use static routes, check the feature called reliable static route with object tracking.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm,

I recommend to enable routing protocol like eigrp and use sub-interface instead of secondary ip address. Eigrp will do everything for you.

If you have to use static routes, check the feature called reliable static route with object tracking.

Hope this helps.

Hi

That feature seems to only work with DDR (dial on demand routing) - this is not what i am looking for ...

Regards

Malcolm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card