Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Problem

Mero Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am suffering from a big network issues. Don't know what's the cause, my network fails frequesntly with a packet loss for 3, 4 times and ping well for another 20-30 times, it again drops. It repeats frequently. When I shut down the related interface port and issue a no shut command then it works well for about 20-30 minute with no  packet drop. What would be the cause ? Please give me some guidelines.

Wiating for your reply,

Mero

8 Replies 8

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mero,

Check the interface for any errors. If you see errors please change the cable with new one.
Also check the interface settings like speed, duplex must be same at both ends.
Also if the other device is a Server then check the server resource utilizaiton like CPU.

Please rate all the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Dear Naidu,

I already changed the cable, the speed, duplex is ok. The cpu utilization and memoery utilization is normal. Could not find out the exact problem.

Regards,

Mero

Hi,

I believe you're dealing with a network congestion here. Somewhere over the network there's an overload of data, causing a bottleneck.

Have you checked the interface and the server side utilization?

Best regards,

Giorgos

Dear Giorgos,

Sorry for late reply. My main server is utilizing a maximum memory. Sometimes about 95% Is this the reason. ? But I am facing this type of problem in a specific ISP. I have got sereral ISP's in my LAN. All of the router hit the same server. I am facing this kind of problem in a specific ISP link.

After this type of problem arises I installed another extra two routers in the same network for that ISP with a differnet IP address. In the two router it is not showing so much problem but in another router it is showing a problem. Now, namely I have 3 routers for the same ISP A, B and C. A and B router's link is well. But router C sometimes shows problem. What may be the problem, please help ?

Regards,

Mero

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

First off

Start with enabeling logging on the switch/es

This will tell you if there is a local issue or if ports go up and down, error disable and so on.

ofcourse you can go to the switch and do a sh log if logging is already enabled but you can also use a syslog server if you want to get the logs of many devices collected and easy to read.

For windows i would recomend kiwi syslog.

if the cable is electric (copper) then check so that it does not run near any high voltage cables such as elevators or just plain electric power cables.

Good luck

Is it your local lan that fails or are you facing this issue for Internet?

Regards,

Talha

Dear Taiha,

I am facing the problem at local lan, the main router is showing this problem.

Please help,

Regards,

Mero

Hi,

Can you post the config of your main router ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card