Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco IOS

Paul Freiberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 2650XM 16mb flash, 64 mb ram. 12.2(12a). now I want to buy 12.4(25d) with crypto. How much is it? And where can I buy it?

Thx 4 reading

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot buy it anymore. The router is very old, and did go end of sales, and end of support already.

So Cisco should allow to dowload the latest IOS...

Possibly they do for those that had a support contract.

In addition to what Paolo said: The images for that router are still available for download. But if you want crypto for VPNs, then you need the AdvancedSecurity feature-set. And this needs 128/32 (RAM/Flash). Only IPBase will run with 64/16.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

By the way, I recommend against ciphered VPN on these old routers. Lack of hardware-assisted cyripto , and general low performances, make so that even the smaller router of the current generation is a much better choice.

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

A 2650XM might be able to encrypt a DS0 or so.

A 2650XM might be able to encrypt a DS0 or so.

Yes, using the (only) CPU it has. So once it run out of steam, one can imagine what happens to the rest of non-crypted traffic.

I didn't expect that it's for anything else then study ...

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

I just need SSH, I want to replace a 1605R, there is just a 4 mbit sdsl and behind a subnet with a maximum of 10 users. A 2650XM would be enough.

Hi Paul,

i did exactly the same for a customer of mine and this IOS was the one that i have used and verified:

c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25d

you need 32 MB for flash but i think that your 2650XM should not have issues to use a flash card.

Alessio

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card