cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New image for C1111 Router: c1100-universalk9.16.12.04.SPA.bin OR c1100-universalk9_ias.16.12.04.SPA.bin ("IAS")

matty-boy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to install IOS XE 16.12.4 on a C1111 router. I see there is a normal version and a version with "ias" in the filename.

What is the difference? What version should be installed on a 'standard' setup (a bit of routing, switching, 4G/LTE, VPNs, ZBFW)?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For info, and to close this off, I just got the answer from TAC:-

"I have checked with the platform for the preferred image for this device is c1100-universalk9.16.12.04.SPA.bin. The differences between the two images is below:

ias stands for the license that are supported with this image ipabase, appx and security this image does not contain cube license which is related to voice configurations on the other hand the universal .SPA contains all license."

Cheers!

Matt.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- IAS usually refers to Internet Authentication Service (Radius), so I would presume that the latter image would support that.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks. I did wonder that but I can't find any documentation to confirm.

For info, and to close this off, I just got the answer from TAC:-

"I have checked with the platform for the preferred image for this device is c1100-universalk9.16.12.04.SPA.bin. The differences between the two images is below:

ias stands for the license that are supported with this image ipabase, appx and security this image does not contain cube license which is related to voice configurations on the other hand the universal .SPA contains all license."

Cheers!

Matt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card