cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New IP block in BGP not showing in Looking Glass

cuchara61
Level 1
Level 1

We're a small ISP and have received a new block of IP's on our own AS# from ARIN. We added them to our existing BGP session with upstream after letting them know and completing their paperwork indicating we owned it and they could advertise it. The address space does not show in any Looking Glass. I've asked upstream to make sure that in addition to accepting they are in fact advertising, and I'm waiting to hear back. Have I missed anything?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Mohamad Qayoom
Level 3
Level 3

Can you reach this new network from outside your network?

No, that is what we are trying to solve. The IP block is not visible out in the world.

It looks like your ISP is not advertising the prefix. It may have a filter that needs to be updated. Just make sure that you are sending this new prefix to your ISP.

Thanks, but that is exactly what I said in my original post. Just trying to make sure there is nothing else I need to do with some "top level" type registry.

I don't think this is the cause, but it is a good idea to register your prefixes with RADB.

http://www.radb.net/

Miroslav Berkov
Level 1
Level 1

Please feel free to check up your prefix visibility with our BGP Looking Glass servers 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card