cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie!!! Cisco 1841, 3x Cisco 878, MPLS configuration??

smashbang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was woondering if anyone could provide me wit advice on how to configure four newworks and a MPLS cloud.

Here's a little more detail:

Head office:

NTU 1: WAN connection with ISP using a Cisco 1841

NTU 2: LAN connection with ISP using a Cisco 1841 connected to ISP provided MPLS

Remote Site 1:

NTU : LAN connection with ISP using a Cisco 878 connected to ISP provided MPLS

Remote Site 2:

Remote Site 3:

Remote Site 4:

What i am trying to achieve is to firstly make sure all LAN networks communicate with each other as in all subnet's are pingable frpm one another.

Secondly i want all remote site to get access to the internet via the WAN router in our head office.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

A picture with a topology of your 4 sites with particular focus on the network edge where your 1841/878 routers connect to your ISP would be helpful in this case.

Generally, the MPLS is used by your provider only, and does not extend to your routers. You configure your routers disregarding any MPLS stuff whatsoever. However, your provider most probably told you to use a particular dynamic routing protocol to advertise your networks to the provider, and to learn about network on other branches. You will therefore need to find out which routing protocol it was, and configure it towards your service provider. The best would be if the protocol was either BGP or the same IGP as you are running now.

No other special configuration is necessary. You simply start the dynamic routing and let it do its work.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card